Features and Overview
In this town, Link learns the Jump Thrust from a Swordsman living within. Since the door to the Swordsman's house is locked from the inside, the young hero uses the Jump magic to jump from roof to roof and eventually enter the house by going down its chimney. At the end of the basement, the warrior teaches Link his new skill upon talking to him.
One of the elderly women implores Link to rescue a Child who was taken to Maze Island. Rescuing the child and taking him back to the woman rewards Link with meeting an Old Man who teaches him the Reflect magic.
- A message can be found on the wall of the first house, hinting at the location of the Palace on the Sea.
- The Japanese text makes it clear that there is actually something written on the wall. It reads:"ナボールノ ズット ヒガシ二 カミガスム ト カベニカイテアル". This is a hint for Link on where the Fifth Palace is located. 神 is a reference to both 神殿 and 守護神 (The Japanese term for the Dungeon Bosses).
- The town is named after Darunia, one of the Seven Sages from Ocarina of Time. With him being a Goron who lived on Death Mountain, the location of the town is very apt.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ヤマノマチダルニア (Yama no Machi Darunia)||Mountain Town Darunia|
|FrenchEU||Ville de Darunia||City of Darunia|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 109 (TAoL)
- "MOUNTAIN TOWN OF DARUNIA" — Sign (The Adventure of Link)
- "WHEN YOU JUMP PRESS UP TO STAB." — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "RESCUE THE KIDNAPPED CHILD ON THE ISLAND" — Old Woman (The Adventure of Link)
- "THIS MAGIC WILL STRENGTHEN A SHIELD." — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
- "IT IS SAID THE EAST OF NABOORU HAS..." — N/A (The Adventure of Link)
- "Darunia is a small town in northern Hyrule named after Darunia, Sage to the Fire Temple." — Zelda Universe: The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com, retrieved September 29, 2014.
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location