|Number||Recovered Memory #4|
|Main Quest||"Divine Beast Vah Rudania"|
|Previous Memory||Next Memory|
|"Resolve and Grief"||"Zelda's Resentment"|
This memory is unlocked by speaking to Bludo after rescuing Yunobo from the Abandoned North Mine. Upon hearing Link's confusion about who Daruk was, he'll point him towards his statue. Link will then look up at the statue, triggering the memory.
Daruk pilots Divine Beast Vah Rudania through the Eldin Mountains surrounding Death Mountain, with Link as his passenger. He remarks that he's finally getting the hang of controlling Vah Rudania, and he even enjoys it. He tells Link to let the other Champions know they "better eat their gravel if they wanna keep up with Daruk".
However, Daruk quickly moves on to admiring the view, calling all the rocks he sees "delectable". While he doesn't know much about Calamity Ganon, Daruk asserts that he'll protect Hyrule Kingdom until his death. He enthusiastically pats Link on the back, accidentally knocking him forward with his strength.
Daruk then congratulates Link on becoming the appointed knight of Princess Zelda. He states that it's a big deal, protecting the daughter of the king, but tries not to put too much pressure on him. As a bit of advice, he tells Link that Zelda has a strong personality, and she has trouble seeing "the range for the peaks."
The two are interrupted by the ground shaking, dislodging some boulders from the top of the peak above them. Using Daruk's Protection, Daruk is able to shield both himself and Link from the falling rocks. He tries to move on in conversation, but he can't help but comment on how strange the earthquake was. He explains to Link that Death Mountain has been inactive for decades. Daruk is concerned that Death Mountain is causing enough activity to send down boulders that size, but he quickly brushes that aside and tells Link to forget he said anything. The memory ends with Daruk looking up at Death Mountain, concerned.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Daruk's Mettle
Recovered Memory #4" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Are ya really tellin' me ya don't know about Daruk? The Goron Champion?! See that statue up there? That's Daruk!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yeah! I think I'm finally getting the hang of controlling this Divine Beast! I tell you what...sure is a blast piloting a toy like this around." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let those other Champions know, they better eat their gravel if they wanna keep up with Daruk." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Speaking of which, can you believe this view? Just look at all those delectable rocks sprinkled on those mountains... Mighty tasty." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I may not know a whole lot about this Calamity Ganon thing... but mark my words, I'll protect this land of ours to the death!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, by the way...congrats on becoming the princess's appointed knight." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "That's a really big deal! Protecting the king's daughter... No pressure!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Seriously, though. The princess is a strong personality—so strong she can't quite see the range for the peaks. Remember that, and you'll be fine." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "All right, so what was I saying..." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "That was a little strange..." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "As far as I know, Death Mountain has been quiet for decades." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "But if the mountain is shivering enough to send down a bunch of boulders that size, then—" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Never mind. Forget I said anything." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)