In life, Darmani III was a renowned Goron hero. He was considered the greatest warrior of his tribe and possible heir to the Goron throne. He suffered a terrible accident when he ventured to Snowhead Temple to find and stop the culprit that was causing the devastating winter that threatened his people. On his way to the Temple, Darmani was knocked off the path and into the deep valley below by the blizzard caused by Biggoron and lost his life.
In death, he was doomed to haunt his somber grave in the Goron Graveyard. He became full of regrets and felt sorrow for failing his people. Link can heal his spirit by playing the "Song of Healing" to free him from his regrets. Darmani III sees visions of when he was a renowned hero and the Gorons cheering him on. Before passing on, Darmani decides to leave Link his powers in the Goron Mask, which allows Link to transform into Goron Link when worn.
When spring returns to Snowhead Region upon the defeat of Goht, the Goron Elder announces to Link his plans to step down as patriarch of the tribe and hand the position over to Darmani III, whom he mistakes Goron Link for.
- Darmani III has a scar on his stomach that is not featured on Goron Link. However, it is visible on the statue left behind when Link plays the "Elegy of Emptiness" as a Goron. This may be a battle scar, or perhaps the wound from when he fell to his death.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Darmani III (MM3D)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books) pg. 197
- "I am Darmani the Third. The blood of proud Goron heroes runs in me." — Darmani III (Majora's Mask)
- "This feels strange for me to say, but when I was alive, I was a renowned warrior and veteran." — Darmani III (Majora's Mask)
- "The Goron who makes calm decisions, yet boasts courageous determination and can take care of all shall be the patriarch! The chosen one, Darmani...is you! There could be no other!" — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "I was fine until I marched off to Snowhead by myself, hoping that I could drive off a demon. It had been wreaking havoc on Goron Village...Then the blizzard at Snowhead blew me into the valley...And now...Here I am..." — Darmani III (Majora's Mask)
- "This time, I, the protector of this tribe for so many years, choose to yield the seat of tribal patriarch to a younger one. The Goron who makes calm decisions, yet boasts courageous determination and can take care of all shall be the patriarch! The chosen one, Darmani...is you! There could be no other! ...What do you think? If it's you, everyone would happily accept you as the patriarch." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "...You used to like racing more than you liked gobbling up a third helping of rock sirloin..." — Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 244