A Cyclone from The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, the deity Cyclos harnesses the power of cyclones. After his monument in Dragon Roost Island was destroyed, he dedicated his life using his control over cyclones to wreak havoc on all who encountered him. Link can find Cyclos in a giant cyclone throughout various islands of the Great Sea. If he sails close to it, Cyclos will draw him in, giving the hero a slim chance to defeat him with his Bow before being blown away into another part of the Great Sea. If Link succeeds in shooting three Arrows at Cyclos, he will be impressed with his skills and teach him the "Ballad of Gales," allowing Link to use the deity's cyclones to warp to different islands.
The bigger cyclones are rarer to find and mostly serve as obstacles to impede Link from accessing certain islands. To make the cyclones disappear, Link has to complete certain dungeons or obtain specific items, such as obtaining the Regal Necklace to eradicate the cyclone preventing entrance to the Isle of Ruins. If Link obtains the Cyclone Slate and has the necessary symbols from the Golden Frogs, the hero can ride a cyclone to warp to a different sector of the World of the Ocean King by drawing the correspondent symbol.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||竜巻 （小） (Tatsumaki (Shou))||Tornado (Small)|
- "As you go forward, it would be wise to try not to get sucked up by any cyclones you see upon the seas." — King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker HD)
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass — Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 268
- "Whirlwind" (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 26)
- "You want an example of it being a bad thing, then you should see my brother. It saddens me to say that my brother, Cyclos, is miffed about his monument here being broken, and now he spends his time creating cyclones to torment people with." — Zephos (The Wind Waker)
- "That's a heck of an arm you've got there! And what an eye! No one's ever been able to spot me in there before now! You obviously have mastery of the air. And now that we've established that you're quite the Wind Waker... Let's see if you can handle this!" — Cyclos (The Wind Waker)
- "Waaaaa-hoooooooooooooo! In the hands of a Wind Waker like you, my adorable little cyclones will be as happy as can be! If you need to move like the wind over the ocean deeps, just call on my cyclones! Well, I guess I'll head for home now! See you on down the road!" — Cyclos (The Wind Waker)