The Creation of the World, also known as the Creation Myth, is an in-universe myth within The Legend of Zelda series about how the land of Hyrule was created by the three Golden Goddesses. The original version of this myth appears in the A Link to the Past instruction manual. This myth would be retold in Ocarina of Time, and again in an abbreviated form in Twilight Princess.
During the Creation of the World, the three Golden Goddesses created the land of Hyrule (not to be confused with the Kingdom of Hyrule, which exists within the land of Hyrule). Din created the land, Nayru created order, and Farore created all life. The Goddesses then departed for the heavens. The Triforce was formed at the point where the goddesses left the world, and it's resting place became the Sacred Realm.
Ocarina of Time
|Great Deku Tree in Ocarina of TimeCreation of Hyrule as told by the|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 11
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 12
- "After the gods had finished their work, they left the world, but not before creating a symbol of their strength, a golden triangle known as the Triforce." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 3)
- "The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of our world's providence. And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- "The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess HD)