Column of Light
|Column of Light|
Location and Uses
Because The Surface and The Sky are separated by a Cloud Barrier created by the goddess Hylia, many of the Skyloftians are unaware of what lies below the clouds and believe it to be a forsaken and barren place. Each time Link places an Ancient Tablet in the altar within the Statue of the Goddess, a Column of Light of the respective color of both the region and the tablet will appear and make an opening in the Cloud Barrier. The pillar, which is visible from anywhere in The Sky, allows Link to go through the Cloud Barrier and reach the Surface by dropping off near the column with the aid of his Loftwing.
When Link places a Beacon on his Map, either on The Surface or The Sky, a blue Column of Light will appear, acting as a waypoint to reach the desired location. Once Link has no more need of a Beacon, he can remove it, causing the Column of Light to vanish as well.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Lichtsäule (SS)||Light Column|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Master Link... Observe. The green pillar before you is a column of light. It marks the point at which you can descend to the surface." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Some say that it's an empty, barren place, or even that there's nothing at all down below, but I just have this feeling that they're wrong. [...] The thing is, no one's ever been down there to see it, and our Loftwings won't fly through the cloud barrier." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "This is no easy task, Link. The world below is a forsaken place, and to reach it you must pierce the cloud barrier below. In living memory, no one has ever done this." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "The tablet you placed in the altar has opened a small rift in the cloud barrier. You can use it to travel through the clouds to the realm below." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "A column of light has appeared to the southwest of our location, and signs indicate that it has created an opening in the cloud barrier to the land below." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "It appears that you will be able to reach the surface by passing through the portal in the clouds at the column's base." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "When a beacon is marked on your Map, a column of light will stand at that location. It will act as your waypoint from afar." — Impa (Skyward Sword)