Location and Uses
Because the Surface and the Sky are separated by a Cloud Barrier created by Hylia, many Skyloftian are unaware of what lies below the clouds and believe it to be a forsaken and barren place; only a few old records ever mention the land underneath the clouds. Each time Link places an Ancient Tablet in the altar within the Statue of the Goddess, a Column of Light of the respective color of both the region and the tablet will appear and make an opening in the Cloud Barrier. The pillar, which is visible from anywhere in the Sky, allows Link to go through the Cloud Barrier and reach the Surface by dropping off near the column with the aid of his Loftwing.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Lichtsäule (SS)||Light Column|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Doing so will likely open a new column of light on the surface, allowing you to descend to another area ad continue your search for Zelda." — Fi (Skyward Sword HD)
- "Some say that it's an empty, barren place, or even that there's nothing at all down below, but I just have this feeling that they're wrong. Some of Father's old texts talk about a place called the surface. The old tales describe a whole world under there, far more vast than Skyloft! The thing is, no one's ever been down there to see it, and our Loftwings won't fly through the cloud barrier." — Zelda (Skyward Sword HD)
- "This is no easy task, Link.
The world below is a forsaken place, and to reach it you must pierce the cloud barrier below. In living memory, no one has ever done this." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword HD)
- "The tablet you placed in the altar has opened a small rift in the barrier. You can use it to travel through the clouds to the realm below." — Fi (Skyward Sword HD)
- "The column of light has appeared to the south of our location, and signs indicate that it has created an opening in the cloud barrier to the land below." — Fi (Skyward Sword HD)