- "A long time ago, there used to be an arena for combat nearby, but it's fallen to ruin and is a home for foul monsters. I suppose you could say it stil IS an arena for combat, but more the life-or-death-against-monsters variety."
- — Botrick
Coliseum Ruins is a location from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It is located in the southern part of the Hyrule Field region, just north of the Great Plateau. The entrance of the area is surrounded by pools of Malice. Inside, a Lynel variant patrols the bottom floor. The coliseum also has a winding staircase around the inside of the walls that are guarded by Bokoblins, Moblins and Lizalfos. These nine enemies wield and can drop different weapons. The Lynel variant and the weapons used by the monsters depend on the number of Divine Beasts freed by Link. These enemies will respawn along with their weapons during a Blood Moon.
A Hylian scavenger named Dai hangs out by the Coliseum's northeastern ruins trying to build up his courage to enter the ruins and take on the monsters to acquire their weapons but is too scared to enter. He sleeps behind the wall he hides behind. Bomb Barrels can be found in these ruins as well.
According to the local watchman and Arrow merchant Botrick, the Coliseum was an arena of combat before the Great Calamity but has since fallen into ruin and has become home to monsters. However he notes that technically it still is an arena of combat just more along the lines of life-or-death-against-monsters variety.
- If none or one Divine Beast has been freed, all regular enemy weapons are "Soldier" class, three Soldier's Broadswords, three Claymores, and three Spears. The Lynel is the basic red-maned variant and wields a Lynel Sword, Shield and Bow.
- If two Divine Beasts have been freed, all regular enemy weapons are "Knight" class, three Knight's Broadswords, three Claymores, and three Halberds. The Lynel is a Blue-Maned variant and wields a Savage Lynel Sword, Shield and Bow.
- If three Divine Beasts have been freed, all regular enemy weapons are "Royal" class, three Royal Broadswords, three Claymores, and three Halberds. The Lynel is a White-Maned variant and wields a Savage Lynel Sword, Shield and Bow.
- If four Divine Beasts have been freed, each of the three Black Moblins wield a Thunderblade, a Great Thunderblade or a Thunderspear, each of the three Black Lizalfos wield a Frostblade, a Great Frostblade or a Frostspear, and each of the three Black Bokoblins wield a Flameblade, a Great Flameblade or a Flamespear. The Lynel is a Silver variant, and uniquely wields a Flameblade, a Savage Lynel Shield and a Savage Lynel Bow.
The Master Trials
Upon "The Master Trials" DLC pack installation and during the side quest "EX Treasure: Phantasma", Link can find a Treasure Chest containing the Phantom Helmet and buried in the northwest of the Coliseum Ruins, on the bottom floor.