Link playing the Clean Cut Mini-Game.
Clean Cut can be played on Bamboo Island. The Mini-Game is run by Peater, who tolls Link 10 Rupees to play. When the game begins, Link will be faced with a giant bamboo plant. He must cut the plant as many times as possible before the top of the bamboo touches the ground.
Link can randomly receive one of the following prizes if he has cut the bamboo enough times:
|0 to 14||No Prize|
|15 to 19||30 Rupees|
|20 to 27|| Evil Crystal|
|28+|| Blue Bird Feather|
- Performing a Spin Attack counts as hitting the bamboo twice.
- Cutting two pieces of bamboo at the same time as they fall counts as two cuts.
- Stabbing the bamboo causes it to drop vertically, allowing for a reliable high number of cuts.
- According to a Gossip Stone, Peater claims he holds a record of 43 slices.
- The counter resets after exceeding 64 cuts. This means that 65 cuts is counted as 1 cut, 66 cuts count as 2 cuts and so on.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "You can get a valuable treasure if you succeed in cutting the bamboo stalk over 28 times at Clean Cut. Peater, who was formerly the teen heartthrob of Skyloft, claims to hold the record with 43 slices. Or so he says..." — Gossip Stone (Skyward Sword)
- Zelda Skyward Sword: Clean Cut Glitch - 65 cuts? (Youtube)