|City in the Sky|
The City in the Sky from Twilight Princess
Twilit Dragon: Argorok
Entrance to the City
The dungeon can be accessed only after paying Fyer 300 Rupees to repair the broken Sky Cannon. This cannon must first be warped with Midna's help to Lake Hylia after it is discovered beneath the Kakariko Sanctuary.
Unlike the previous six dungeons in the game, the City in the Sky is not set in Hyrule, but in the heavens, where another civilization can be found. This city is where the Oocca tribe live and is the final dungeon where Ooccoo and her son appear as items. It is said the City in the Sky prospered because of their advanced technology.
The city runs on many ancient and complex machines that are far more advanced than anything found in Hyrule, including spinning propellers that keep the city aloft and fans that generate powerful winds. These machines use the power of the wind to its full extent; it powers every major machine that Link comes across. The city also features automatic doors.
As access to the city is only made possible with the Sky Cannon, Link enters the dungeon by falling into a pool of water to break his fall. To the east of the pool is a shop run by an Oocca that sells a few various items.
The dungeon features many high-altitude platforms, including towers and narrow walkways over bottomless drops. Powerful winds outside, as well as fans inside the city structure, attempt to push Link off of these platforms. Link can wear the Iron Boots to avoid being pushed off by the wind. After Link obtains the second Clawshot after defeating the mini-boss Aeralfos, forming the Double Clawshots, exploration is much easier, as the young hero can now climb between walls, as well as hold on to Peahats and moving walls to advance.
Link's Crossbow Training
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||天空都市 (Tenkū Toshi)||City in the Sky|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 113
- "City in the Sky: Defender
Aeralfos can fly high or attack from the ground, so watch your radar!" — Stage Select (Link's Crossbow Training)
- "Listen, buddy, I suppose I might be able to fix it for you... I mean, maybe... That is, if you can pay me 300 Rupees...in advance. Whaddaya say?" — Fyer (Twilight Princess)
- "When they created the people of Hylia, they simultaneously created a new capital, a city that floated in the heavens." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- "They dwelt there...and some scholars believe that this race lives there still, somewhere in the great sky." — Shad (Twilight Princess)
- "Phew! Gracious, we made it back! Finally! Welcome, adventurer! This is the city sky of the Oocca. Erm, since you came all this way... I guess I can give you a tour of the city... [...] But you're planning on walking around the city and taking it in, right?! I'm worried about the others and this is an emergency! I can't just stand around waiting! Please take me, too!" — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)
- "It is said the City in the Sky prospered because of their advanced technology." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 52)
- "Ooh, goodness... Brave adventurer, you won't believe it! There's a dragon raging outside the city walls... Ooh, I'm terribly worried about everyone... I'm going to check in that shop for survivors!" — Ooccoo (Twilight Princess)