Making the Raft
The Cheval Rope is a quest item in Oracle of Ages.[note 1] Along with the Flippers, this item was made by Cheval, in the hopes of somehow helping the people of the world. The rope, along with the Flippers, can be retrieved from Cheval's Tomb in the present time. The Cheval Rope is water-resistant, and is needed by Rafton so he can build Link a Raft, which is used to travel to Crescent Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||シバールロープ (Shibāru Rōpu)|
|FrenchEU||Corde de Cheval|
|SpanishEU||Cuerda de Cheval|
- The Cheval Rope was referred to as Cheval's Rope in The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide by Nintendo of America Inc.. However, as this contradicts the name given in , it is not considered Canon.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 119 (OoA)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 3
- "Before I die, I want to finish my work on flippers for swimming and rope that won't decay in water. I hope to aid all the people of the world by inventing such things!" — Cheval (Oracle of Ages)
- "You got Cheval Rope! This sturdy rope won't rot when wet." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
- "If I only had rope that won't decay in water, I could make my raft." — Rafton (Oracle of Ages)