Please helpby introducing appropriate citations.
The Wind Waker
|Carlov the Sculptor (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Carlov the Sculptor
Occupation: Nintendo Gallery Master
With unmatched talent, he is the world's greatest sculptor. It's said the reason he won't let anyone watch him sculpt is because he does so in his underwear.
Lately, his club has been losing membership because he hasn't done anything "cool" with it, but as long as Link hangs around, everything will be all right!
Carlov runs the Nintendo Gallery near the Forest Haven in The Wind Waker. If Link has obtained the Deluxe Picto Box, he may then take color Pictographs which he may present to Carlov for him to make a Figurine from the Pictograph. For Carlov to make a Figurine from a Pictograph, it must meet certain requisites:
- The subject is in the center of the Pictograph
- The entire body of the subject is taken
- The subject is facing Link when the Pictograph is taken
If these requirements are met, Carlov will ask Link to wait an entire day, in which that time he will spend making a Figurine out of the subject in the Pictograph.
Carlov will even carve a Figurine of himself if a Pictograph is taken of him, although he does not quite recognize his own face; however, he does believe the person in the Pictograph is exceptionally handsome. According to Carlov's Figurine, it is rumored that the reason he does not let anyone watch him carve is because he does so in his underwear.
In The Wind Waker HD, he will work on a maximum of 12 Figurines at once as opposed to the previous limit of a single Figurine at a time. The Picto Box is also equipped with a new feature that will place a golden Carlov icon on Pictographs that meet Carlov's requirements to be turned into a Figurine. Thus Link does not have to return to the Nintendo Gallery to receive Carlov's approval.
Once the Nintendo Gallery is completed, Carlov leaves to find inspiration elsewhere, leaving Link as the Gallery's new master.
The Minish Cap
|Carlov (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|A sculptor of finely crafted figurines.|
Many consider him the best sculptor
in all of Hyrule. He enjoys collecting
Carlov operates the Figurine Gallery in Hyrule Town in The Minish Cap, and has a younger brother named Borlov. The Gallery becomes accessible after Link obtains the White Sword and infuses the Earth and Fire Elements into it. Carlov is a collector of Mysterious Shells, and will trade Figurines for them. Once Link collects all 136 Figurines, Carlov rewards him with the Carlov Medal, a golden medal of his own face.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Bill les Mains d'Or (TWWHD)||Golden Hands Bill|
|German||Meister Minitendo (TMC)|
|SpanishEU||Escultor Minitendo (TMC)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 259 (TWW) & 271 (TMC)
- "Owner of the Chest Mini-Game Shop. Carlov’s younger brother. He detests gambling, but he has made the biggest gamble of all: entrepreneurship." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- "I collect those Mysterious Shells you've seen scattered all over the place. If you bring those shells to me, I'll trade you these figurines I have made." — Carlov (The Minish Cap)
- "No way! Congratulations! You've collected every single figure I've ever made! I'll keep a good eye on your collection on the shelf here. And here, I want you to have this! It's the Carlov Medal, to commemorate your copious collection! I hope you treasure it always!" — Carlov (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 259
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 271
- Encyclopedia (Magazzini Salani) pg. 271
- Encyclopedia (Norma Editorial) pg. 271