- This article is about the item. For the enemy, see Kyandokyan.
Location and Uses
The Adventure of Link
In The Adventure of Link, the Candle can be found in the Parapa Palace after defeating an Iron Knuckle. It lights up otherwise pitch-black caves and allows Link to see any enemies who may dwell within. The Candle is not required to beat the game, but it is more difficult to navigate dark Caves without it.
In Zelda's Adventure, Candles can be purchased from several merchants around Tolemacfor 100 Rubies. They are used to light up dark rooms inside of Dungeons, but can only be used once per Candle. As there are not very many dark rooms, the Candle sees little use.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ローソク (Rōsoku) (TAoL)||Same as English.|
|German||Kerze (HWDE)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 119 (TAoL)
- Zelda's Adventure manual, pg. 4
- "Candle: Use this on trees to uncover hidden stairways." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)
- "GET CANDLE IN PARAPA PALACE. GO WEST." — Hylian (The Adventure of Link)
- "When this is obtained, places that you had not been able to see until now because of the dark are lit up." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 46)
- The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 49
Mit ihr kannst du unter Bäumen Treppen finden." — Tutorial (Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition)