Calyban is a Gerudo who can first be found eating Hydromelons on top of the walls of Gerudo Town. If Link speaks to her, she will tell him that she cannot eat with Link staring at her and tells him to go away.
Calyban plays a role in the Side Quest, "The Mystery Polluter", which begins with the Gerudo child, Dalia, crying because a water trough is unusable due to a flow of trash in it. Link will find Hydromelon rinds flowing down into the trough through the upper waterway and must follow where they are coming from to find the source of the pollution. This leads Link to Calyban, who is throwing the rinds into the waterway.
When Link talks to Calyban, she rudely insists that she can do what she wants. Stating that altruism is for suckers, Calyban refuses to stop eating melons unless Link brings her ten Wildberries. Wildberries are often found in cold places, such as the Gerudo Highlands and Hebra Mountains.
Once Link has collected ten Wildberries and returns to give them to Calyban, she is amazed at how delicious they are. Calyban says that she may stop eating other fruit entirely if she has Wildberries. She then realizes how selfish she has been and leaves to go help Dalia clean up the melon rinds.
When Link returns to Dalia, Calyban has already cleaned up her trash and left. Dalia gives Link a Hydromelon that was given to her by "the lady who cleaned it up" as a thank you for caring about her. After the Quest, Link can find Calyban sitting in the shade nearby with Hydromelons and Hydromelon rinds. She says that she gave the Wildberries to Dalia to apologize and because she will always prefer Hydromelons.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Calyban" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "What's with you? How am I supposed to enjoy eating with you staring at me? Buzz off." — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "I mean it! I can't eat with your judgmental eyes on me! Go away!" — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "All this trash keeps getting washed down into the water trough, and now I can't use the water there anymore." — Dalia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, sure, you spring this on me out of nowhere and expect me to change MY lifestyle. Well, no. I do what I want!" — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "But I need something from you in return. Altruism is for suckers." — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "You bring me a wildberry, and I can hold off on eating so many melons." — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yes, I'll need at least 10..." — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's delicious! And no rind to toss! What a magical fruit!" — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "If I have these, I might just give up on other fruit entirely!" — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that my craving's been satisfied, I realize just how horribly selfish I've been... Shame on me." — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm going to go help clean up the trash!" — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! You! Listen to this! Some other vai I've never met before helped me clean up the trash!" — Dalia (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I also got a hydromelon from the lady who cleaned it up! I'll share! It's a sarqso for caring about me!" — Dalia (Breath of the Wild)
- "I gave those wildberries to the little vai to apologize for causing her so much trouble with my rinds. Besides, I guess I prefer hydromelons to anything, and I always will." — Calyban (Breath of the Wild)