Buliara is a character in Breath of the Wild.
Buliara is the Gerudo captain of the guard who accompanies Lady Riju, Chief of the Gerudo. Buliara is known as the best spear master in Gerudo Town. Link first meets Buliara at the start of the "Divine Beast Vah Naboris" Main Quest when he first enters the Gerudo Town palace, disguised as a woman. Buliara will stop Link when he approaches Riju on her throne and demands him to explain his business here. After Riju speaks to Link for some time, she will mention to Buliara that she recalls her mother speaking of a fallen swordsman that was placed into a deep sleep by the Princess of Hyrule when the Calamity happened. She also recalls that the swordsman's name was Link, hesitantly wondering if the Link before her is that same swordsman.
If Link is not carrying the legendary sword, Buliara will point out that Link is not carrying the sword from those same legends. After more conversation, Buliara suddenly notices that Link is actually a man. Riju states that it is a great crime for a man to enter Gerudo Town, but Riju dismisses this, as Link is a Champion. Riju soon reasons that if Link truly is a Champion, then he may be able to enter Divine Beast Vah Naboris and calm its anger. Buliara urges Riju not to trust a stranger with such an important task, suggesting that he prove himself worthy by recovering the stolen Thunder Helm. Riju agrees with this suggestion and Buliara assures her that recovering the stolen Thunder Helm should be an easy task for Link if he is truly a Champion. Buliara tells Link that Captain Teake in the barracks nearby can tell him about the thieves who stole the Thunder Helm. If Link speaks to Buliara again, she asks him what is wrong and says that if he is truly the Champion of legend, the task should be simple. She then reiterates that he should see Captain Teake to learn more about the thieves and comments that this is his chance to show them what he is capable of.
After Link calms Naboris and speaks to Buliara, she tells him that they are indebted to him. Link can regain the Scimitar of the Seven and the Daybreaker if they are lost or broken by speaking to Buliara. Buliara also tells Link that Gerudo Town is his ally now, but warns him that he should still hide that he is a man.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "I thought I could relax at last, now that Buliara has come of age. But then something like this happens..." — Rima (Breath of the Wild)
- "When I was captain of the guard, such a failure would have been absolutely unthinkable. It's just pathetic." — Rima (Breath of the Wild)
- "Buliara is the best spear master in the whole town, of course!" — Reeza (Breath of the Wild)
- "You stand before Lady Riju, chief of the Gerudo! Declare your business, but come no closer!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Buliara, a memory just jumped into my head—something my mother spoke of. When the Calamity happened, the princess of Hyrule placed a fallen swordsman into a deep sleep." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "That swordsman, much like our new friend here, was named Link...though it always seemed more legend than fact." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "But, Lady Riju! Do those same stories not also say that the Hylian Champion carried a legendary sword? I see no such weapon in this person's care." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "...I don't remember ever hearing of a Hylian vai among the Champions. Wait a moment... You're a voe!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "A voe within our walls is a great crime. But a voe who is a Champion..." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you truly are a Champion, perhaps you will be able to enter Naboris and calm its anger" — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lady Riju! I don't see how you can trust a complete stranger with something as important as this task." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Perhaps if this person were first to prove his worth by recovering your stolen Thunder Helm..." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, yes... An interesting suggestion." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "You needn't worry, Lady Riju. If he truly is a Champion, this should be an easy task for him." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Our soldiers can tell you all you need to know about the thieves who stole Lady Riju's heirloom. Head through this arch. It will lead you to the barracks. Then, seek our Captain Teake, and ask for a full report." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "What's wrong? If you truly are the Champion of legend, recovering the chief's heirloom should be simple." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you want to know more about the thieves, then you should speak to Captain Teake. Just head down those stairs." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Use this chance to show us what you're capable of!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "A lot happened, but... We are truly indebted to you." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Champion's arms are treasures of the Gerudo, much like the Thunder Helm." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "If anything happens to them, you must let me know immediately." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you ever find yourself in trouble, you are always welcome to come here. Everyone in this town is your ally now." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "However, you still mustn't let anyone discover that you are actually a voe." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)