When he and Link first meet, he is asked if he had seen Link's missing friend Zelda, to which Bucha recalls having been with her. However, Bucha is more concerned about his missing Kikwis, who all went into hiding after a large number of Bokoblins started to appear throughout the Woods. He asks Link to help him find his Kikwis and to come to back to him after finding them all, at which point he might remember Zelda's whereabouts. After finding all of the Kikwis, Link returns to Bucha, who is extremely grateful for Link's assistance. He remembers that Zelda had headed to the Skyview Temple in the Deep Woods. He also gives Link his Kikwi heirloom, the Slingshot, as a reward for helping them, saying it will help him get to the Temple without a hassle.
After going through the Skyview Temple, Link can find Bucha and all of the other Kikwis hiding in a well-supplied valley, guarded from the monsters inhabiting the Woods. Later in the game, Bucha comments on Link's Water Dragon's Scale, saying it will give him access to a large number of abilities he has not possessed before.
While Faron Woods is submerged underwater, Bucha can be found on a large Lily Pad where he gives Link helpful hints on how to find all of the Tadtones hidden around the flooded forest. Bucha also suggests Link uses his Dowsing ability to find the hidden Tadtones.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Lorion (SS)||May come from "laurier" (laurel).|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "A pack of those mean red guys were after her, kwee, but she escaped with the Kikwi elder." — Machi (Skyward Sword HD)
- "He is the elder of the herbivorous Kikwi race. He can hide objects in the structure on his back." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 47
- "Kweeeee-heee... I am Bucha, the Kikwi Elder. I saw the way you spotted me through my ingenious camouflage. Kweee, you are clearly a master woodsman." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah, the girl creature with the blond hair. She looked like one of your kind. Yes, she was with me, kweeee." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "But now is not the time for such talk... The woods are full of monsters. I am worried about my missing tribe. Kweeee... The shock and worry has made my memories of the girl quite hazy..." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "I am worried sick for my fellow Kikwis. If you could calm my fears, I might be able to remember more about the girl you seek went of to, kwee." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "Kwee hee hee, I feel much less worried now! I believe I just remembered where that young lady went! I think she headed down that way toward the temple, kwee...but be sure to take great care if you follow her. That area is crawling with monsters." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "As a reward for finding all my fellow Kikwis, I will give you a precious Kikwi heirloom." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- "With a slingshot, a clever young man like you should be able to find a way to the temple." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- 部長 or buchou in Japanese, Denshi Jisho — Online Japanese dictionary.
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 47 (SS)