Branli is a Hylian who wears a Snowquill Tunic and Snowquill Trousers. He can be found at the top of Ridgeland Tower, which he's been stuck on since it rose from the ground. He runs the Bird-Man Research Study Mini-Game.
Branli is a researcher dedicated to discovering the flying capabilities of the Rito. According to him, their flight is seemingly inexplicable, due to their heavy weight and relatively short wingspan. Now that he's trapped on top of the Tower, he realizes it gives him the perfect vantage point to observe the Rito.
When Branli realizes that Link is also on the Sheikah Tower, he assumes that Link is stuck as well and can't get down without hurting himself. After learning that Link can glide down, he is excited as he thinks this could help his research. Through his research, he wants to one day himself be a bird, capable of flight.
Branli asks Link to participate in a study to see how far he can glide, agreeing to compensate him based on how far he flies. However, he charges Link a liability fee of 20 Rupees in the event of any accidents. If Link agrees, Branli asks him to keep several things in mind while he glides.
Based on the distance Link flies, Branli will have different reactions. If he flies less than 450 meters, Branli will be upset and refuse to give Link a reward. He encourages Link to think of himself as a Rito, free from gravity. If Link glides between 450 and 600 meters, Branli considers it a small step towards his goal. He'll initally offer 21 Rupees as a reward, though he relents and gives Link a Purple Rupee. Should Link make it more than 600 meters, Branli notes that while he didn't flap his arms, his methods were still effective. As a reward, he gives Link a Silver Rupee.
If Link returns to Branli at any point after first participating in his research study, he'll refer to him as his research assistant.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Branli" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was standing on the ground watching the skies, when suddenly this tower erupted beneath my feet! I've been stuck up here since with no way to get down." — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "You see, I have dedicated my life to the study of bird-men! Their flight mechanics fascinate me!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Given their weight, it should be physically impossible for them to fly with wings of their size. I just don't get it!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "But my misfortune is a blessing in disguise! You see, this tower is the perfect place to observe bird-men in their natural habitat!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, my! Now that you've climbed up here, how will you get down without falling?!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "WHAT?! You can fly?! You can fly like a bird-man?! Is that true? I thought it impossible for a Hylian to fly like a bird-man! Ah... It's more like gliding then? That's still a step in the right direction!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "If I can analyze your glide distance and trajectory, it may help us understand the science of bird-man flight." — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Then maybe one day I'll finally realize my dream of becoming a bird! *ahem*" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Would you mind participating in a short research study? I want to see how far you can glide." — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "You'll be compensated for your time and travel...depending on how far you fly. So how about it?" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "As such, a liability fee of 20 rupees will be necessary to proceed. You know, in case I have to file an...incident report." — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Landing elevation! Wind direction! Stamina usage! Keep all these in mind as you consider the farthest destination you can reach by gliding!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "This does NOTHING for my research! I'm sorry, but I don't give rewards for paltry performances. I give rewards for poultry performances!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Just...try to imagine that you're a bird-man freeing yourself from the unjust chains of gravity!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Small steps lead to great strides in the long run." — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, right! Your compensation. Isn't the collection of priceless research data compensation enough? No? Fine. Well, a promise is a promise. Here's your reward: 21 rupees! ... Ugh. Fine. I'll make it 50 rupees." — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "Your methods may have been unconventional—I didn't see you flap your arms once—but they were effective! The field of bird-man research will benefit greatly from this data." — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "You deserve heavy compensation for your stellar efforts. Please, take this!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's the legendary and only bird-man research assistant!" — Branli (Breath of the Wild)