Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Hyrule Compendium Entry
The Boulder Breaker was the weapon wielded by the Goron Champion Daruk until his defeat by Fireblight Ganon. It is mentioned that Daruk made swinging this weapon around look easy while others who used it would need a large portion of strength. According to Bludo, Daruk used the Boulder Breaker to carve the valley at Gortram Cliff in one night. He did so to make it easier for the Gorons to reach their Rock Roast. In addition, there's a rumor that Daruk used to use it to fan himself.
The Boulder Breaker is the strongest variant of the crusher. Just like the other Goron crushers, it is a two-handed weapon that can be used for both mining and combat. It also has a hidden property which causes their damage output to be doubled when used on the ore atop a Stone Talus, as well as immediately destroying Stone Pebblits.
Despite Bludo describing the Boulder Breaker as a sharp weapon, it does not act as such and cannot cut grass or trees.
If Link loses the Boulder Breaker or the weapon breaks, he can talk to Rohan who will offer to craft him a new one in exchange for a Cobble Crusher, five pieces of Flint, and a Diamond, all free of charge.
The Boulder Breaker is made of metal, and will therefore attract Lightning if it's equipped during a storm. It's unable to burn when exposed to Fire or a Scorching Climate. It sinks if dropped in water, but it can be picked up and manipulated using the Magnesis Rune.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
The Boulder Breaker in the Daruk amiibo
- "Boulder Breaker
This two-handed weapon was once wielded by the Goron Champion Daruk. Daruk made swinging it around look easy, but a Hylian would need an immense amount of strength." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "Boulder Breaker
This two-handed weapon is wielded by Daruk. Daruk makes swinging it around look easy, but a Hylian would need an immense amount of strength." — Allies (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You know the valley at Gortram Cliff, southwest of Gorko Tunnel? It was made by Daruk with his Boulder Breaker in one night!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Why?! Why do ya think? To make it easier for us Gorons to get all that tasty rock roast!" — Blue (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's even a rumor that Daruk... used it to fan himself sometimes." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's some treasure in my house. Grab it. Keep it. It's yours." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "It's a sharp blade that Daruk himself once wielded. I'm sure you'll be able to make good use of it!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Looks like ya don't have the Boulder Breaker..." — Rohan (Breath of the Wild)
- "If ya want a new one, I'm gonna need a cobble crusher, five pieces of flint, and a diamond." — Rohan (Breath of the Wild)