|Book of Mudora|
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
The Book of Mudora is a collection of ancient Hylian lore and stories, as well as a guide to translating the ancient Hylian Language that appears throughout the land of Hyrule. It is found in a library south of Kakariko Village. To obtain it, Link must bash the bookcase holding it with the Pegasus Boots. The Book of Mudora allows Link to read the text in front of the Master Sword's pedestal, to enter the Desert Palace by making the Wish of Opening, and to obtain the Ether and Bombos Medallions.
- With its green cover, gold text, and Triforce symbol, Hyrule Historia resembles the Book of Mudora.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ムドラの書 (Mudora no Sho)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 118 (ALttP)
- "But a verse from the Book Of Mudora (a collection of Hylian legends and lore) made the Triforce even more desirable" (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 4)
- "The monoliths left by the Hylian people are inscribed with ancient script. If you find an inscription that you cannot read, use this book and its meaning will become clear." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 38)
- "Perhaps their target was the book of Mudora..." (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "We managed to save it from the flames... This book is the key to the ancient Hylian language. According to the legends, the hero will stand in the desert with this book..." (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 7)
- "Let me see that! After Sahasrahla gave me the Pendant of Courage, he told me the Pendant of Power was in a desert ruin!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 7)
- "Then you...you must be the legendary Hero of Hyrule! This is a very fortunate turn of events! I will leave the book in your capable hands." (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 7)
- "Maybe I am the legendary hero after all! I suppose if I look it up in the book, the writing should make sense..." (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 11)
- "Hanging on that strange statue! It's the pendant!" (A Link to the Past comic (Nintendo Power) pg. 12)
- A Link to the Past manual, pg. 43 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Vol. 1 (Shogakukan 1) pg. 27 Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (Shogakukan) pg. 15