- Not to be confused with the Shora Hah Shrine, an Ancient Shrine with the trial name "Blue Flame" from Breath of the Wild.
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
Blue Fire can be found in the Ice Cavern and Ganon's Castle in Ocarina of Time. It can also be bought at the Medicine Shop for 300 Rupees. In Master Quest, it can also be found in the Gerudo's Training Ground.
Blue Fire is used to melt Red Ice. Link must first scoop it from a pedestal by using a Bottle or buying it from the Medicine Shop. Blue Fire is required to progress through the Ice Cavern and obtain the Iron Boots and a Piece of Heart. It is also needed to get the Zora Tunic by melting the Red Ice in which King Zora is encased. Alternatively, Link can melt the Red Ice blocking the entrance to the Zora Shop in order to buy the Tunic.
Breath of the Wild
Blue Flame is a type of Fire that never burns out while in a Torch in Breath of the Wild. Certain Torches can only be lit with Blue Flames, such as inside the Divine Beast Vah Rudania, within Ancient Shrines, and the Ancient Furnaces outside of the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab and the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab. Link must bring Blue Flame to both Ancient Tech Labs from a nearby Blue Fire furnace in order to activate certain features of the Tech Lab. Link must use a wooden Weapon, such as a Torch or a Tree Branch, to transport Blue Flame. At the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab, this will allow Link to upgrade his Sheikah Slate. At the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab, this will allow Link to exchange Ancient Materials for many types of Ancient Soldier Gear and equipment. If Blue Flames are used to set flammable objects on fire, they will behave the same way as normal Fire.
- Blue Fire can be used to destroy bombable walls in Ocarina of Time.
- All of the Hylian Hateno villagers have unique dialogue if Link speaks to them while holding a torch lit with the Blue Flame, save Pruce. The children will also follow Link indefinitely, even out to of Hateno Village, until he gets too far away from them or puts the torch out.
- Blue fire actually exists, however it's technically hotter than normal fire, instead of cold.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||青い炎 (Aoi Honō) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|Dutch||Blauwe vlam (BotW)|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 117 (OoT)
- VerySydney, How to get the market skulltula with no explosives, Twitch (Video), published December 19, 2016, retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 147