Ocarina of Time
A total of 10 Big Poes haunt specific areas of Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time. They appear while riding on Epona, as crossing their spawn point on foot will often trigger a normal Poe. Big Poe appearances can also be randomly triggered while on foot. However, due to their fast movement, it is advised to chase them while on horseback. When Link spots one, it will run away from him, so he must quickly defeat it with Arrows. After being defeated, they can be Bottled and sold to the Poe Collector. Capturing and selling all ten of them will earn Link another empty Bottle.
Only two Big Poes appear in Majora's Mask, one in the Ikana Graveyard, and the other Beneath the Well. The Big Poe in Ikana Graveyard can only be fought on the Final Day once Link has obtained the Captain's Hat and commanded the Stalchildren guarding the grave to break it open. Below the grave lies a chamber that is connected to Dampé's home.
Every night, Dampé travels down to this chamber in search of the Royal Family's legendary treasure, but is unable to efficiently navigate it because of how dark it is. If Link visits the chamber and agrees to guide the gravekeeper using Tatl's light, the young hero may lead him to patches of dirt which either contain nothing or blue flames. If Link manages to uncover three blue flames, they will converge and form a Big Poe, scaring Dampé back into his home. If this Big Poe is defeated, a Treasure Chest will appear, hosting an empty Bottle. In Majora's Mask 3D, this was changed to a Piece of Heart instead.
Four Swords Adventures
- Main article: Big Poe (Boss)
In Four Swords Adventures, a singular Poe, known as the Big Poe, appears as the boss of The Swamp and Infiltration of Hyrule Castle stages under two distinct forms reminiscent of Jalhalla, the boss of the Earth Temple from The Wind Waker. These forms serve as a disguise for its true self, which is nothing more than a small green Poe. The Big Poe is defeated by lighting four torches that make it vulnerable. It is capable of spawning normal Ghinis.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ビッグポウ (Biggu Pou) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 166 (OoT | OoT3D | MM | MM3D)
- "It moves fast despite its size!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey, young man. What's happening today? If you have a Poe, I will buy it." — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "You put a big Poe in a bottle! Let's sell it at the Ghost Shop!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "You caught a Big Poe! Sell it at the Ghost Shop for a lot of money!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "On top of that, I'll put 100 points on your card. If you earn 1,000 points, you'll be a happy man! Heh heh." — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "I came looking for the Royal Family's legendary treasure, but my torch has gone out. I'm sorry, but could you walk in front of me and light the way?" — Dampé (Majora's Mask)
- "Enemies are coming out of the tunnels! Maybe the Spirit of the Caves is in there..." — Proxi (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Hylian Captain was injured during a battle with Enemy! Hylian Captain is retreating to the Allied Base! Provide support for Hylian Captain!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "You failed to protect Hylian Captain! Hylian Ghost has appeared on the battlefield! Hylian Ghost's curse has caused a faction of Allied Forces to retreat!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Hylian Ghost's curse has reduced your total Rupees!" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 145