Bertie is a timid, overworked father who works alongside his wife, Luv, by infusing the Potions bought at her Potion Shop in his Infusion Shop in exchange for Bugs and Rupees. He also cares for their young child, who he carries on his back.
Later in the game, Bertie is found to be tired and restless at his job. When spoken to at his house during the night, he will reveal that his child's Rattle had been taken by a bird some time ago, causing her to be unable to sleep and thus preventing him from sleeping as well. Link locates the Rattle in Skyloft lying in a nest atop a house. Returning the Rattle to Bertie will reward Link with 5 Gratitude Crystals, ending Bertie's sleepless nights.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Darin (SS)||May come from "daron", a familiar name for a father.|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Luv and Bertie from Hyrule Historia
- "This is Bertie, tireless househusband and businessman. He is in charge of infusing potions at the Potion Shop that he runs with his wife." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 28
- "I, uh...infuse the potions my wife sells with new ingredients to increase their power. It's nothing, really...just something I like to do. Well...ah, do you have any potions you would like me to infuse?" — Bertie (Skyward Sword)
- "The baby just goes on and on like this all night. I haven't slept a wink in... Ahhh... I don't even know how long. The baby usually sleeps like a sack of rocks. But that was before we lost the you know what... The baby's Rattle." — Bertie (Skyward Sword)
- "Whew. The baby seems to have settled down nicely. I bet the baby will sleep well tonight. Oh! That means I'll finally get a good night's sleep too! Thank you so much! I won't forget what you did for me." — Bertie (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 28(SS)