In Link's Awakening, the Chef Bear lives in the Animal Village, where she operates a small cafeteria. The Chef Bear laments that she has no Honeycombs for a dish she is preparing, which Link can give in exchange for the Pineapple as part of the game's Trading Quest. In doing so, the Chef Bear also gives advice in waking the Walrus south of the village.
When Marin visits the Animal Village to sing for the animals, a blue Bear can be found listening to her song.
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
A red Bear is one of the animals found listening to Nayru's song at the beginning of Oracle of Ages, entranced by her singing. It moves aside for Link after speaking with everyone so that he can sit and listen. The Bear and all of the other listeners are then scared away when Veran reveals herself. After Link saves the Maku Tree in the past and returns to the present, the red Bear can be found again in the same grove in the Forest of Time, lamenting that there are no more songs. The red Bear also reappears in the game's post-ending, listening to Nayru's singing.
Breath of the Wild
In Breath of the Wild, Honeyvore Bears and Grizzlemaw Bears appear as wild animals. They will generally ignore and avoid Link, but may attack if provoked. It is possible for Link to mount Bears and ride them. However, they cannot be registered at Stables.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 233(LA)
- "Hi ho! Hey you! Is that possibly a you have? I just ran out! Will you swap it for a pineapple?" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hi ho! Yeah, I know, that tub of goo is asleep right in the way to Yarna Desert! Once he's asleep he won't budge for a loooooonng time. But hey! Take Little Marin and wake him up with her song! That slob would wake up with a jump if he heard her sing, for sure! Heh heh heh!" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Sit here and listen. How charming..." — Bear (Oracle of Ages)
- "Go back. Go back. Go back." (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 22)
- "His ears are pointed. He's a Hylian. A Hylian of the old blood!" (Oracle of Ages (Himekawa) (VIZ Media) pg. 23)