Barta is a Gerudo soldier. If Link speaks to Liana or Leena in the barracks in Gerudo Town after speaking to Riju for the first time, Liana asks where Barta is. Leena explains that she went to the Yiga Clan Hideout two days ago and wonders what happened to her. Angered, Liana asks why she let Barta go by herself and Leena apologizes. Liana is upset that they now have to retrieve both the Thunder Helm and Barta. She expresses concern about Captain Teake finding out about it and Kotta asks what they should do, causing Liana to yell that she is thinking about it.
Link can then find Barta imprisoned in a cell within the Yiga Clan Hideout, where she gives Link a hint about the Yiga Clan's affinity for Mighty Bananas. After recovering the Thunder Helm, Barta returns to the barracks in Gerudo Town and tells Liana how helpful Link was to her. Barta will recognize Link from the Yiga Clan Hideout, explaining she was able to escape because they spread their forces thing looking for him. Quietly, she promises not to tell anyone that Link is a voe.
Barta disappears again after Link frees Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Speaking to the soldiers again, Liana is shocked to find Barta hasn't come back. Kotta explains that she went to investigate the Gerudo Great Skeleton., and Leena claims she tried to stop her this time. Liana points out that this obviously didn't work. Leena and Kotta try to rationalize their decisions, saying everyone knows the area is dangerous and to avoid it. This only angers Liana further, who remarks that Barta wouldn't ever realize she was walking right into danger. She wonders why Barta has to get in trouble all the time. Witnessing this conversation activates the Side Quest "The Search for Barta".
Link will find Barta on the brink of death, kneeling on the ground in the Gerudo Desert near the Gerudo Great Skeleton. Barta mutters about how she wishes she could have eaten a Hearty Durian one last time. After Link gives her a Hearty Durian, Barta will stand up and thank Link for saving her life. She laments heading out into the heat without the proper gear, but if Link is wearing the Gerudo Set, she notices he isn't wearing the proper gear either and says it's amazing he made it out there. If Link isn't wearing his disguise, she will recognize him and realize he's a man, mentioning that he seemed muscular for a Hylian woman. Barta promises to keep it a secret, especially because Link saved her life.
At first, Barta is so tired that she wants to rest just a bit longer before she returns to Gerudo Town. However, when Link informs her that Liana was furious, Barta realizes she's in trouble and decides to head back.
Upon returning to the barracks, Liana has heard that Link saved Barta. Liana will thank her with 100 Rupees and the Quest will be complete. After the Quest, Barta tells Link if he hadn't come along when he did, she wouldn't ever be able to meet the voe of her dreams. She wonders how things are going for Perda and mentions that she should go look for her special someone after everyone forgets how much trouble she is in.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Barta" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, I haven't seen Barta. Where's she gone off to?" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "She said she was going to scout the thieves' hideout, but then she left before we could say anything." — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that I think about it, she's been gone for two days. I wonder what happened to her..." — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- "You— Are you serious?! Why did you let her go by herself?! And why did you wait two days to report this?!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm— I apologize... She said she just wanted to check it out and would be careful, so I thought..." — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- "Uuugghhh. As if we aren't busy enough searching for the chief's heirloom, now we have to find Barta too..." — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "If the captain hears about this fiasco, she'll punish us for sure! Probably 100 laps around Gerudo Desert...again." — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh... Oh, no. What should we do?" — Kotta (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm thinking about it!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "All I ever see them do is patrol and eat bananas. I haven't seen anything else that you could exploit as a weakness." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Barta let me know how helpful you've been." — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hm... Aren't you the one who broke into the Yiga Clan's hideout? They spread their forces so thing looking for you that I managed to bust out and return here. I owe you my life!" — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you're a voe. It's the least I can do." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Whuh... Whah... WHAAAAT?! Barta didn't come back AGAIN?" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm afraid this time she went to investigate the leviathan bones in the southwest..." — Kotta (Breath of the Wild)
- "I... I tried to stop her..." — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- "But obviously it didn't work because she's not here!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, yeah... But... Everyone knows that area is the domain of a Molduga, so who would figure she'd even go close to there?" — Leena (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yes, nobody would dare! And not only that, but it's an extremely hot zone, so we wouldn't last long out there in our gear..." — Kotta (Breath of the Wild)
- "You... You IDIOTS! That scatterbrain wouldn't even realize she was walking into danger! I mean, you know that, right?! Why, it was just the other day she ran off and got captured by the Yiga! Ugh... I guess Barta will be Barta, and you all aren't going to change..." — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "But still, why does she have to go and get in trouble like this all the time..." — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "...Everything's going hazy...This might be the end..." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ahh... If only I could've eaten a hearty durian one last time..." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hah... I've returned from the brink of death thanks to you..." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "I guess it really was reckless of me to come here without the proper gear..." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "...But you don't seem to have the proper gear, either. It's kind of amazing that you even made it here to be honest." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huh? Is that you I spoke to before? So you are actually a voe... I thought you were a bit muscular for a Hylian vai." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "But don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I owe you my life, after all!" — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hahh... Anyway, I'm absolutely beat. Maybe I'll rest just a little longer and then head home." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Your boss was MAD.] Huh? So...they knew I snuck off... ...Oh, I am in such trouble... Yep, looks like I'd better go on ahead. See you later and sav'orq!" — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! What a courageous vai! I heard from Barta! She said you found her!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "You must be worn out, right? Here, take this as thanks! Buy yourself something nice in the market!" — Liana (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you hadn't come along when you did... I would have had to say my eternal sav'orq before I'd even met the voe of my dreams..." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)
- "Speaking of which, I wonder how things are going for that voe-crazy Perda... I wonder if she's met the one yet... Maybe once everyone forgets how in trouble I am, I should head out and look for my special someone..." — Barta (Breath of the Wild)