- "Tha-That melody... That melody...It brings back so many memories!"
- — Gorman
The "Ballad of the Wind Fish" is a song from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Unlike most other songs in the game, this song's information is not stored on the Quest Status Subscreen and cannot be played regularly. It plays a part in one of the game's sidequests.
During the opening hours of the Milk Bar on the First and Second Days, Toto, manager of The Indigo-Go's, is testing the performance stage. Upon seeing Link, Toto asks him if he wants to help him out and perform his band's "old standby" in order to ascertain how their performance would have sounded on the Milk Bar's stage, had their performance not been cancelled due to complications. Toto asks Link to perform four different instrumental tracks; Link uses his transformation masks and their respective manifestations of the Ocarina of Time to perform the required parts. Meanwhile, Gorman is listening to the gradual performance, heckling Link and Toto for making a "racket". Upon hearing the completed song, however, Gorman is genuinely moved, and reminded of how his hearing the song sung by the Original Lulu when he was a child inspired him to join show business. As thanks, he gives Link his Circus Leader's Mask, a mask bearing his likeness.
- The notes for Link on his Ocarina of Time are as follows: C-up, C-right, C-left, C-right.
- The notes for Deku Link on the Pipes of Awakening are as follows: C-right, A, C-down, C-left, C-right.
- The notes for Goron Link on the Drums of Sleep are as follows: A, A, A, C-down, A, A, A, C-right.
- The notes for Zora Link on the Guitar of Waves are as follows: C-up, C-right, C-down, A, C-up, C-left, C-right, C-down.
- The notes for Link on his Ocarina of Time are as follows: high D, A, B, A.
- The notes for Deku Link on the Pipes of Awakening are as follows: A, D, F, B, A.
- The notes for Goron Link on the Drums of Sleep are as follows: D, D, D, F, D, D, D, A.
- The notes for Zora Link on the Guitar of Waves are as follows: high D, A, F, D, high D, B, A, F.