In Skyward Sword, the "Ballad of the Goddess" has been passed down from ancient times. The song is first heard sung by Zelda on the day of the Wing Ceremony, performed on the Goddess Harp as well as sung with Hylian lyrics.
Link learns the song from the old woman in the Sealed Temple after obtaining the Goddess's Harp. The woman tells him that the lyrics of the song can be used to locate the Sacred Flames, which Link must find to strengthen his blade. Link can learn the lyrics from Gaepora, which reveals that the two large windmills in Skyloft must face the Light Tower. Link must then search for the remaining sail to activate the windmills. Once done, Link must play the ballad on top of the tower to reveal a path into the Thunderhead and the Isle of Songs contained inside.
After the end credits, Link plays the "Ballad of the Goddess" atop the Statue of the Goddess with the Goddess's Harp.
A Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the "Ballad of the Goddess" appears as one of several tracks played in the Skyloft and Pirate Ship stages. A remix of the song also appears as part of a medley, titled "Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme".
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
The "Ballad of the Goddess" and the arrangement from the medley, "Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme" reappear as tracks in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Oh youth, guided by the servant of the goddess, unite earth and sky, and bring light to the land.
Oh youth, show the two whirling sails the way to the Light Tower...and before you a path shall open, and a heavenly song you shall hear.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||女神の詩 (Megami no Uta)||Song of the Goddess|
|FrenchCA||Chant de la Déesse||Song of the Goddess|
|FrenchEU||Chant de la Déesse||Song of the Goddess|
|German||Hymne der Göttin||Hymn of the Goddess|
|Italian||Melodia della Dea||Melody of the Goddess|
|SpanishEU||Cántico de la Diosa||Canticle of the Goddess|
|SpanishLA||Cántico de la Diosa||Canticle of the Goddess|
|"Ballad of the Goddess" recording from the 25th Anniversary Orchestra CD|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 97 (SS)
- "You learned the Ballad of the Goddess! It's a mysterious melody that has been passed down from ancient times." — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "The "Ballad of the Goddess." Based on my projections, this is likely the song Zelda sang on the day of the Wing Ceremony." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Clues to finding the sacred flames have been woven into the lyrics of a song precious to your people, the Ballad of the Goddess. These clues are your best hope of finding your way to the flames." — Old Woman (Skyward Sword)
- Vidvandre, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Trailer Played Backwards - Hidden theme, YouTube, published May 4, 2011, retrieved September 9, 2016.