At some point after he was 35, Aurie Taamu's first book was published, documenting his knowledge of Cooking special effects, Elixirs and Fairies. His second book was published an unknown period of time later and expanded on his knowledge of Cooking special effects, as well as covering Monster Extract and Cooking for monetary gain. In this book he also explained that he learnt all he knew from someone he described as a dear friend, although he was unable to recall the person's name.
During his life, Aurie Taamu was involved in a love triangle involving Ashai and Isha. It is unknown exactly what happened between the three of them, except that it ended badly and that Ashai and Isha remain single to this day.
Not much else is known about Aurie Taamu, other than that he went to bed early, was afraid of Insects, and considered himself to be a pure soul. He was, by his own admission, an impatient man and always kept some hasty foods on hand as a result.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "That book was written by an amazing chef, Aurie Taamu. Just between us... He was the voe that our teacher was in love with once. Or so I hear... If you can't reach it, would you like me to read it for you?" — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- "Most ingredients can imbue their meals with some unique effects. Ingredients that have cold properties can help you resist heat. Ingredients that have hearty properties can fully heal you and grant you temporary bonus vitality! There are many other effects to be found among ingredients. You just have to experiment! And don't forget! Combining ingredients with the same effect may increase the effect's strength or duration... But combining ingredients with different effects may cancel their effects out, so you must be careful. I, Aurie Taamu, am admittedly quite impatient, so I always have speed-increasing hasty foods on hand!" — Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 1 (Breath of the Wild)
- "This collection of Aurie Taamu's notes is so amazing! I feel like I learn something new each time I read it." — Dina (Breath of the Wild)
- " It is said that fairies truly do exist in the world, but that they will only appear before an individual with a pure soul. One theory suggests that some special kind of cooking might be possible if you used the power of a fairy... I, Aurie Taamu, have been a pure soul for over 35 years. I expect my fairy will arrive any day now..." — Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 1 (Breath of the Wild)
- " You can cook up an elixir by mixing a bug part and a monster part together. Elixirs can be made in pots, just like food, and with valuable ingredients, the elixir's effect will get stronger! You can also add acorns or Chickaloo tree nuts to impact your elixir with healing properties. However... I Aurie Taamu, am deathly afraid of insects and would never even think of touching them. Fortunately, there are regular meals that you can cook which will produce the same effects as elixirs." — Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 1 (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sometimes you'll witness incredible success in your cooking adventures. When this happens, the strength and duration of your cooked food's effects will increase well beyond normal. Using more than the usual number of ingredients is a sure way to boost the effects of your food. But I’ve also heard rumors that the light of the red moon can have a positive effect on your cooking as well. I haven't checked this myself, though. I get sleepy in the evenings, so I've never even seen the red moon." — Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 2 (Breath of the Wild)
- "Monster extract is an ingredient that boost the effects of any dish that it has been added to. With just one monster extract, you can raise the power and duration of the effects of your dish. However, you never really know quite how the dish will turn out. Sometimes it will raise the effect by a lot, and other times... Well not so much. However, I, Aurie Taamu, am not a man who relies solely on luck!" — Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 2 (Breath of the Wild)
- " There are many in the world who will gladly pay for the dishes a chef creates! A cooked meal can easily sell for more than the individual components you used to make it. And don’t forget, the more ingredients you pour into a meal, the greater the value of that meal! That's basic math! Did I learn all this from experience? No, of course not! I learned it from a friend! A dear friend! Who was a great chef! I can't recall his name right now, but he was a friend, to be sure!" — Chef Aurie Taamu, Vol. 2 (Breath of the Wild)
- "Apparently she and the teacher of the relationship class, Ashai, were embroiled in a tragic love triangle... They're both single, so I guess we know how that went..." — Cara (Breath of the Wild)