Please helpby introducing appropriate citations.
Very little is known about Astor's life before the events of Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. All that is known is that he was born and raised in a certain village in Kingdom of Hyrule and that he eventually became a powerful sorcerer and a follower of Calamity Ganon and would later align with the Yiga Clan. Shortly after a future Terrako, a miniature Guardian created by Zelda when she was young, travels to the past, the Malice that followed it possesses the dormant past Terrako, forming Harbinger Ganon. Later, a Ganon-worshipping cult that Astor belonged to found Harbinger Ganon, who showed them a vision of the ruined Kingdom of Hyrule of the future via a mysterious orb. During the vision, Harbinger Ganon unleashed its Malice upon the cultists, all of whom were killed except for Astor - who had seemingly been selected by Harbinger Ganon to be its pawn. Astor took the orb and left with Harbinger Ganon, setting his grand plan of destroying Kingdom of Hyrule into motion.
Astor first appears after the defeat of Master Kohga in Gerudo Town, disappointed at the Yiga Clan leader's incompetence. He then views a glimpse of the future through Harbinger Ganon, stating that he will not allow anyone to alter the course of the future. The seer makes himself known to the Champions during their visit to the Lost Woods, where he summons Malice clones of the Champions, called Hollows, to attack them. He then appears at the foot of the Great Deku Tree, commanding the Hollows to kill Zelda. However, the Master Sword awakens for Link, who retrieves it from its pedestal and quickly defeats Astor.
After Purah begins to reactivate the Sheikah Towers, Astor commands the Yiga Clan to prevent the final tower from being activated, as it would reveal their location to the Champions. He then explains how Harbinger Ganon is a fusion of Terrako and Calamity Ganon, and that he will use its power to bring the world to its knees, though Sooga deems this statement foolish. His orders to the Yiga end up unfulfilled, as the Champions are able to reactivate the final Sheikah Tower and take control of the Yiga Clan Hideout. Enraged that the seer would allow this to happen, Sooga grabs him by the neck. However, Astor calmly explains that their defeat was ordained by fate, and that if the Yiga were to harm him they would make themselves enemies of Calamity Ganon.
Soon after Calamity Ganon awakens and Hyrule Castle is taken over, Astor betrays the Yiga Clan and kills large numbers of Yiga Footsoldiers, using their life energy to revive the four Blight Ganons, who failed to kill the Champions before. He tells a horrified Master Kohga and Sooga that by becoming a blood sacrifice to Calamity Ganon, they will finally become useful, summoning a Hollow of Link to do the deed. Master Kohga begins to run as Sooga advises, but changes his mind and decides to stay and fight alongside Sooga. However, as revealed by Guardian of Remembrance, their battle ends with both Master Kohga and Sooga fleeing while pursued by the Blight Ganons. Eventually, after being cornered, Sooga performs a Yiga technique to keep the Blight Ganons at bay long enough for Master Kohga to escape and ally with Zelda. It is implied Sooga is killed by the Blight Ganons.
Astor appears again during the battle at Fort Hateno, where he summons the Blight Ganons to attack Zelda. Link attempts to fight them off, but is quickly overwhelmed. Zelda, desperate to save Link, awakens her sealing power and incapacitates the Blight Ganons, allowing Link to destroy them once more while Astor flees.
At an undetermined point in time, Astor and Harbinger Ganon hatch a plan to seperate Terrako from everyone else, luring Terrako into the Colosseum before crushing the plucky Guardian under rubble. When Purah tries to reactivate Terrako using a Simple Ancient Furnace, Astor then sends in a array of monsters before joining in himself, getting defeated once again.
As the Champions reclaim Kingdom of Hyrule and begin infiltrating Hyrule Castle, Astor makes his final stand against them alongside Harbinger Ganon itself, ranting that as Calamity Ganon's right hand man, it is his destiny to destroy Link and his allies. The two are defeated, and as the Champions close in on them, Astor attempts to command Harbinger Ganon to destroy them. However, his efforts are cut short as he becomes consumed by Malice, screaming in agony as Harbinger Ganon absorbs him into itself and uses his power to transform into its true form - Calamity Ganon.
His dark sphere is now in the possession of Shiekah scientist Robbie.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Astor was seemingly planned to be a playable character at one point in development, as some Warriors possess a voiced line of dialogue that goes unused, calling out Astor's name, used when switching Warriors during gameplay. It is currently unknown why he was scrapped.
Prophet of Doom" — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Hey, prophecy man! You missed the part where we get walloped!" — Master Kohga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "A seer from a certain small village in Hyrule who plotted to revive Calamity Ganon." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "The Guardian housing Ganon's Malice took a certain seer as its pawn in order to bring about the Calmity's revival, and through him joined forces with the Yiga Clan, continuing to increase the scope of its power." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Oh, Catalyst of Calamity! Reveal unto us the future!" — Cultist (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Such power... The promise of the Calamity!" — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "So you turned and fled. Is that it? (...) It seems that, as low as my expectations of you were, I was overly optimistic." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Well, no matter. My harbinger...show me the future." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Ah... Yes... The future as it will and must be. I will not allow anyone to alter its course." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You vermin, how dare you destroy my handiwork? Minions, protect the remaining Hollows!" — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Kill her." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "So if they can fix that Sheikah thingamajig, what does that mean for me-I mean, us?" — Master Kohga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "That thingamajig will tell them where we are and what we're doing." — Sooga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "This Guardian is possessed by Calamity Ganon, harbinger of destruction." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "With it, I will bring this world to its knees." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "You are blind, "seer." Calamity Ganon...is not for mortals to control." — Sooga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I am afraid we cannot overlook this failure, seer." — Sooga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Hm. Fate decides all...even this defeat. As you well know, if you decide to turn against me... ...you would make an enemy of Calamity Ganon." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "What's your game, three-eyes?!" — Master Kohga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "After a counterattack by the Hyrulean army and those who had traveled from beyond time, the seer turned on the Yiga Clan and sacrificed its members as offerings in order to enhance Calamity Ganon's power even further." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "A blood sacrifice for the Calamity... Fate gives you this role...and you will play it!" — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "My, you really are slow. Despite our best efforts, the enemy has only grown stronger. To succeed... we must adjust our strategy. Finally, the two of you can actually be of use - for once in your lives!" — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Master Kohga! Quickly, make your escape!" — Sooga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I can't split-you're my best lackey!" — Master Kohga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "In that case...I will protect you, even if it costs me my life." — Sooga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Betrayed by the seer and on the brink of aihilation, Master Kohga and Sooga narrowly escaped death. The two fled, with the seer's pursuerers close behind. Among them were those aberrant forms that also tormented the Champions." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Master Kohga... No matter what happens here...you must live on. Go, now! Hurry!" — Sooga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Your thread will be cut here, Your Highness." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "I will crush you beneath my heel... That is...MY FATE!" — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "How? The great Calamity Ganon...selected me! This humiliation cannot be my destiny! It cannot be!" — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "Hear me, Calamity Ganon! It's time for you to devour these- These..." — Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- "A new incarnation of Ganon, born after absorbing Astor's power." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
- Gaming Reinvented, New DLC Characters Have Been Datamined/Leaked for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity!, YouTube, published Nov. 27, 2020, retrieved Feb. 12, 2022.