|Arrows of Burning Heat|
This Side Quest begins at the The Curious Quiver in Kakariko Village, after speaking to Rola while in possession of a Bow. Rola will note that Link appears to be a fine archer and will let it slip that she finds such men very attractive. She asks him to show her some of his skill, which Link can either accept or decline.[note 1]
Once Link accepts her request, Rola explains that she would like him to light the torches around the Village's Goddess Statue. If he is unsure about what or where she means, Link can ask Rola to direct him to it. Rola becomes uncertain if Link asks about the Statue, however. Once Link fully accepts the Quest, Rola fawns over him once more. Should he return to her before completing the quest, Rola will be sure to remind him of it. She will be upset if Link forgets about the task, but is still clearly excited.
Once Link lights the torches as instructed, he must return to Rola in The Curious Quiver. She admits that she was watching him and is very impressed.[note 2] Rola takes the moment to mention how her estranged husband Cado is also a great archer. She expresses her excitement with by giving Link a Red Rupee. Rola mutters how she wishes her husband had continued with his archery, ending the Side Quest.
|1||When Rola, owner of the general store, judged you as a capable archer, she wasted no time recruiting you for a seemingly simple job.|
All she asked was that you "light the torches by the Goddess Statue" in the village, but her suspiciously sweet smile made it clear that this task would require unconventional methods.
|2||"Light the torches by the Goddess Statue."|
You did as Rola asked and lit the torches. Go to her general store and tell her that what she requested is done.
|Complete||In lighting the torches, you seem to have also ignited Rola's passion. The day that she can reunite with her husband may not be so far off.|
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||燃える矢じりで貫いて (Moeru yajiri de tsuranuite)|
|ChineseTR||用燃燒的箭頭刺穿它 (Yòng ránshāo de jiàntóu cì chuān tā)|
|Dutch||De brandende pijl||The burning arrow|
|FrenchCA||La flèche de feu|
|FrenchEU||Les flèches de feu|
|German||Der brennende Pfeil|
|Korean||불타는 화살촉으로 쏴라 (Bultaneun hwasalchogeuro sswara)|
|Russian||«Горящие стрелы» («Goryashchiye strely»)|
|SpanishEU||Una petición fogosa|
|SpanishLA||Una flamante petición|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- If Link refuses, she makes her disappointment known and tells him she would have given him something for his time.  Rola will continue to fawn over Link if he speaks to her after refusing her quest and is startled out of her daydreaming. Should he decide to leave again, Rola bemoans her lack of luck.
- If Link lit the torches without using Arrows, Rola will be disappointed, but she reckons that a man will always go against a woman's expectations. Link's inconsiderate actions remind her of Cado.
- "Arrows of Burning Heat
Kakariko Village" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "That's right, my good man! I knew it the moment I saw ya... I had you figured for one heck of an archer. And I'm head over heels for a fine slice of man that can use a bow!" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "So how about it? Why not take out that bow and show me something special?" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Um... No, thanks.] Oh. That's a shame... If you had entertained me, I was going to reward you with something more than worth your time." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "Mmm... An archer with a strong build... I could look at you all day! ...Oh! Sorry--my imagination ran away with me. Did you need something?" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Never mind.] Where can I find the perfect man to show me a feat of skill..." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "[You got it!] I like your attitude! All you gotta do is light the torches by the Goddess Statue. Think you're up for it?" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Goddess Statue?] You really don't know about the Goddess Statue? It's by the spring in front of Lady Impa's home. I don't know who put it there, but it's been there forever." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "So...are you gonna do it or not?" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "The thought of a young hunk drawing a bow just makes my day!" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "Don't go forgetting our promise now." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "More importantly... You better not forget the promise you made!" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Promise?] You forgot already?! You were going to light the torches by the Goddess Statue. I'm looking forward to it, so don't mess it up!" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "Heh, my heart's practically singing... I haven't felt this way in years." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey, kid! I saw you! You were amazing! Boy, what a shot in the heart that was!" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "Although... What I really wanted was for you to light the fire using an arrow... But I suppose a man is ultimately doomed to betray a woman's expectations. Don't you think?" — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "I haven't seen him in a while...for various reasons...but you being inconsiderate reminds me of my husband." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "My husband's a fine archer himself... but we're living apart right now. This feeling... It's been so, so long." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm so excited right now! That was really something special to see. In fact, here... A token of my thanks." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)
- "If only my husband hadn't become obsessed with Cuccos and had kept up with his archery skills... If only..." — Rola (Breath of the Wild)