|An Ice Guy|
Guy talking to Link
|Location||Kara Kara Bazaar|
At the Kara Kara Bazaar, Link will encounter a Rito named Guy sitting at the edge of the water. He left Rito Village to earn money out in the world, but the Heat of the Gerudo Desert has stalled his progress. Despite not being able to enter, he would like to see Gerudo Town.
Guy mentions to Link that he has heard of an Elixir that could help him made from Insects with cooling effects and Monster Parts. However, he is unable to find this Elixir being sold anywhere. He has heard that these Insects can be found in the Gerudo Highlands, but he does not want to venture there himself due to the dangerous monsters that inhabit the area. After Link is done talking to him, he will receive the Side Quest.
In order to complete the Side Quest, Link must Cook either a Cold Darner or a Winterwing Butterfly with Monster Parts to make a Chilly Elixir. Beedle, who can be found nearby, sells Cold Darners for 10 Rupees.
Once he is in possession of a Chilly Elixir, Link can return to Guy. He will thank Link, as he can now traverse the Gerudo Desert during the day. As a reward, he gives Link a Purple Rupee. This completes the Side Quest.
|1||Guy of the Kara Kara Bazaar needs a cooling elixir to beat the heat. The medicine is made by combining a bug with chilling effects with monster parts. You'll find the bug in question in the cooler parts of the Gerudo Highlands.|
|Complete||You made a cooling elixir by combining a chilling insect with monster parts. Guy appreciated what you did for him. Your knowledge of the ingredients for a cooling elixir could come in handy later.|
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||暑さをしのぐ薬 (Atsusa o shinogu kusuri)|
|ChineseTR||避暑藥 (Bìshǔ yào)|
|Dutch||Een warmtewerend drankje|
|FrenchEU||Un grand bol de fraîcheur|
|German||Ein Mittel gegen die Hitze|
|Italian||Come resistere al calore|
|Korean||더위를 막는 물약 (Deowireul mangneun mullyak)|
|Russian||«Зелье от зноя» («Zelʹye ot znoya»)|
|SpanishLA||Elixir contra el calor|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "An Ice Guy
Kara Kara Bazaar" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "I had a great plan, you know. I left Rito Village to try to earn some money out in the world." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "But it's so incredibly hot here during the day. It's been tough to work up the will to go any farther." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "I would like to see what Gerudo Town looks like, even if I can't go inside... It's just so hot..." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "I heard there's an elixir that can help beat the heat. It's made from insects with cooling effects and monster parts." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "But they don't seem to be selling the elixir anywhere..." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "I've heard insects with these cooling effects live in the cold parts of the Gerudo Highlands, but..." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, the monsters there are rough, to say the least, so I'm not having a lot of success getting myself motivated." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh? Could it be?" — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thank you! Now I can get across the desert while it's still light out!" — Guy (Breath of the Wild)
- "Here, let me give you something in return." — Guy (Breath of the Wild)