Please helpby introducing appropriate citations.
Aginah's role is minor compared to that of his brother Sahasrahla. He is one of three characters apart from the Seven Maidens that is a direct descendant of the Seven Sages who appear during the course of the game, the other two being Sahasrahla and the Lost Old Man on Death Mountain. Aginah is found living alone in a cave known as the Desert Sanctuary in the Desert of Mystery and tells Link about the Book of Mudora and where to find it. He is one of the first to mention the prophecy of the Great Cataclysm to Link. Like Sahasrahla, he has telepathic powers, though he doesn't contact Link with them. Instead, his telepathic powers give him the ability to sense events in the Golden Land (or Ganon's Dark World), as seen in one of Link's interactions with him.
Ancient Stone Tablets
Aginah plays a much larger role than in the previous game. Now wearing robes of the same color as Saharahla, he lives in Saharahla's Hideout near the Eastern Palace. He is the first person to discover the Hero of Light. Throughout the game, he uses his telepathic abilities to directly contact the Hero of Light to advise him and impart his wisdom. It is also revealed that he is the younger brother of Sahasrahla, who left Hyrule some time prior to the game to search for Link.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 228(ALttP)
- "If you have the Book Of Mudora you can read the language of the Hylia People. It should be in the house of books in the village... You must get it!" — Aginah (A Link to the Past)
- "This must be an omen of the Great Cataclysm foretold by the people of Hylian blood..." — Aginah (A Link to the Past)
- "I am Aginah. I sense something is happening in the Golden Land the seven wise men sealed..." — Aginah (A Link to the Past)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 228