Due to the recent announcement of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remake for Nintendo Switch, my predictions for upcoming Zelda games have changed. Here's my timeline of releases:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U, Nintendo Switch)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Nintendo Switch)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch)
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Nintendo Switch)
- Diablo III (Nintendo Switch)
- The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo Switch)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo Switch)
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Nintendo Switch)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch, unreleased)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Nintendo Switch, release in September)
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo Switch, release in November)
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass/The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo 3DS, release in June)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Nintendo Switch, release in June)
- Untitled Breath of the Wild sequel (Nintendo Switch, release in March)
Take the 3DS remasters with a grain of salt. I have no confidence that Nintendo will push the 3DS as far as 2020. Looking at the sales now, they somewhat drastically decreased, with the poor sales of the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story remake.
Again, I'm not predicting OoT or MM in this, because they already got remasters. Those remasters aren't old enough to need another remaster.
Anyways, what are your predictions for the franchise? Do you agree with my predictions?